Every so often I get a craving for Buffalo Wings. Tender, juicy, deliciously spicy Buffalo Wings...see: I feel it coming on right about now! What I discovered is that just because I made a commitment to healthy lifestyle change doesn't mean that I cannot enjoy all the flavors that Buffalo Wings offer. So - I found a more nutritious way to indulge in that Buffalo flavor: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash.
Cooking it is real simple and I'd compare it to cooking a twice-baked potato. Plus, it's perfect for summer because it makes a fun side at a party and it is unique enough that you can be sure another party guest isn't going to show up with it. Try it for yourself and find out how I brought that deliciously spicy Buffalo flavor back into my life in a Profile-friendly way!
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, 8 inches
- 12 oz cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or mozzarella work well
- Optional – top with green onions
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut spaghetti squash in half using a paring knife. You can microwave it for 5 minutes to make it softer
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and bake cut side down for 40 minutes. When finished, should be easily fluffed with a fork.
- Remove squash from skin and mix with hot sauce, chicken, onions and sour cream
- Add back into skin and top with cheese
- Broil for 2 minutes until cheese melts
Profile Exchange per serving: 2 oz Very Lean protein, 1 Fat, 1/2 cup Vegetables, 1 Flex Food