Bread is a staple in American cuisine. If you're like me, chances are good that you grew up eating bread in some way, shape or form with every meal.
At Profile, we like to keep things simple, effective and sustainable. In honor of Simplify Your Life Week, we’ll be releasing a new recipe each day that is simple, nutritious, easy to make and above all else – delicious!
Profile Bread – Submitted by Profile Member Diana Thurn Ost
Bread is a staple in American cuisine. If you’re like me, chances are good that you grew up eating bread in some way, shape or form with every meal. Whether it’s eating a sandwich, having a buttered roll with your roast or sprinkling croutons on top of your salad – you never think about how much bread you eat until you have to cut it out of your diet! Well, if you’ve been craving bread and you’re on the plan – you’re in luck! Profile Member Diana Thurn Ost created a simple recipe for Profile Bread that is as versatile as it is delicious!
Servings: 3 loaves
Serving Size: 1 loaf
- 1 & 1/2 packages of profile pancake mix
- 3/4 cup egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Whip egg whites till it forms stiff peaks,
- Fold in pancake mix, a little at a time (fold slowly, not to break up bubbles, until all mix is used up)
- Bake in small silicone bread pans at 360 for 20 minutes until browned on top.
- Once cooled put into plastic bag or container. Texture is just like homemade bread and gets nice and soft like bread in bag or container.
Tips: Can also make buns from this, just drop spoonful onto silicone mat and bake around 7 minutes until browned on top.
Profile Exchange: 1.5 meal replacements, 3oz. very lean protein (per serving: approximately half a meal replacement and 1oz. very lean protein)