CUSTOM NUTRITION PLAN
A personalized weight loss plan with unlimited 1-on-1 nutrition coaching and support.
Journey mapping education for healthy habits and lifestyle changes that last.
WEIGHT LOSS TECH
Our Journey App where you can measure progress, access resources, and track your meals and activity.
What are Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Account (HSAs)?
FSAs and HSAs allow you to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care costs using pre-tax dollars you set aside.
If your doctor recommends weight loss for a specific health condition (including, without limitation, obesity, hypertension, or heart disease), you may use HSA or FSA funds to purchase Profile Membership and Monthly Coaching.
What can I purchase with my FSA or HSA?
If eligible, you may use FSA and HSA dollars for your Profile annual or monthly membership and monthly coaching fees. By taking advantage of this benefit, you’ll use pre-tax dollars that have been set away in your FSA or HSA account to pay for your Profile Membership.
How do I use my HSA/FSA to pay for Profile?
- Once your doctor recommends weight loss for a specific condition, talk to your doctor about obtaining a letter of medical necessity.
- A sample letter is available here.
- Note: Profile does not require your letter of medical necessity—it is only for your records.
- Purchase your Profile Membership
- We recommend that you pay up front plan because it will simplify the reimbursement process.
- Print your Profile Membership receipt, which is sent via email when you join. From there, submit your receipt and letter of medical necessity to your HSA/FSA provider for reimbursement.
- Note: the claim processes varies by HSA/FSA provider, so please check with your provider or HR representative for details.
What if I already purchased a Profile membership without using my FSA or HSA?
You may be able to get reimbursed for the expense. Contact your HSA/FSA plan administrator or HR representative to understand the reimbursement process. You will probably need your receipt and a letter of medical necessity as described above.
When is the cut-off for purchasing a membership with FSA dollars?
If your benefits expire at the end of the year, you have until December 31 at 11:59 p.m. ET to purchase a membership with your FSA dollars for the current calendar year. Check with your FSA provider for details on your plan.
Can I purchase Profile Food with my FSA or HSA?
In general, you may not purchase Profile food, beverages, or other merchandise with HSA or FSA funds. Under Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidelines, these items are classified as items that are normally consumed to satisfy nutritional needs, and therefore, do not qualify as eligible medical expenses.
*Profile does not provide medical, healthcare benefit, legal, or tax advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for medical, healthcare benefit, legal, or tax advice. You should consult your own medical professional and/or FSA/HSA provider before engaging in any transaction. For additional information about FSA/HSA, see https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p969.pdf or consult your tax advisor, HR administrator, or HSA/FSA provider.