Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: ¾ cup
- 2 small Summer Squash, about 12 oz. (Yellow or crookneck squash)
- 1 ½ cups sliced Fennel Bulb, (about 1 small bulb), plus 1 T. chopped
Fennel fronds, divided
- 1 T Extra Virgin-olive oil
- 1 T chopped fresh Thyme ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced garlic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Quarter squash lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- Combine the squash with the sliced fennel, oil, thyme, salt and pepper
in a large bowl.
- Spread the mixture on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Garlic and roast until the vegetables are tender and the fennel
is beginning to brown, about 5 minutes more
- Stir in the fennel fronds and serve.
Photo courtesy of
Dawn of Food