The school year has officially begun, which means it’s time to kiss summer goodbye and get into the ‘back to school’ routine. This time of year can make for a challenging transition as kids go back to school, parents get busy shuttling their kids back and forth to activities and time is of the essence. With such a busy routine, finding time for family meals can be tough. That’s where Profile comes in! Here’s four
Alyssa Koens, Profile’s Nutritionist in Chief, has four amazing recipes to help Profile members adjust gracefully to the ‘back-to-school’ season!
The school year has officially begun, which means it’s time to kiss summer goodbye and get into the ‘back to school’ routine. This time of year can make for a challenging transition as kids go back to school, parents get busy shuttling their kids back and forth to activities and time is of the essence. With such a busy routine, finding time for family meals can be tough. That’s where Profile comes in!
Here’s four quick and easy ‘back-to-school’ recipe ideas for your family to utilize to give you a sigh of relief on those hectic school nights:
Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 14.5oz. can chopped Italian style tomatoes
- 1 package Profile Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 package frozen cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally. Add ground beef and cook, breaking it up into pieces, until browned.
- Stir in tomatoes and Profile Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- While mixture is simmering, cook cauliflower rice according to package directions.
- Stir in the cooked cauliflower rice to the mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Profile Exchange: 4oz. lean protein, 2 cups vegetables, 2 fats
Veggie Meatloaf Cups
Number of Servings: 3
Serving Size: 2 cups
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup white onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages Profile Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a jumbo muffin pan (6 muffins), spray pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, egg, spinach, onion, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Fill each cup halfway full with mixture and then top each cup with ¼ cup Profile Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top with remaining sauce and serve hot!
Profile Exchange: 5oz. very lean protein + 2 cups veggies + 2 fats
Crock Pot Chicken Caesar
Number of Servings: 8
Serving Size: ½ cup
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. water
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Profile Parmesan Caesar Dressing
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Whole wheat buns
- Place chicken in slow cooker and add water.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on high, or 5-6 hours on low, until chicken is thoroughly cooked but still moist and fall-apart tender.
- About 30 minutes before serving, check chicken to be sure it’s fully cooked and then shred cooked chicken using two forks.
- Once the chicken is shredded, add Profile Parmesan Caesar Dressings and Parmesan cheese and stir until chicken is coated. Add more dressing if needed. Continue cooking for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Immediately before serving, stir in chopped tomatoes and fresh parsley.
- Serve as lettuce wraps or on whole wheat buns and enjoy!
Profile Exchange: 3oz. very lean protein, 1 cup vegetables, 1 fat, 1 free food
Easy Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¼-½ inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup Profile Zesty Asian Vinaigrette
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large sheet pan with non-stick foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, and cashews onto prepared baking sheet, spreading out evenly.
- Pour Profile Zesty Asian Vinaigrette over the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve with cauliflower rice or brown rice.
Profile Exchange: 4oz. very lean protein, 1 cup vegetables, 1 fat, 1 free food