Greens and Ancient Grains Salad
June 6, 2020
Number of Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 med orange, peeled and sectioned,
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 2 or more cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups baby Arugula, triple washed
- 2 cups baby spinach, triple washed
- 2 cups baby Kale, triple washed
- 1 cup quinoa, prepared
- 18 pecan halves, roasted
To prepare quinoa:
- Add two cups of water to a sauce pan with a tight fitting lid and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add one cup of dry quinoa that has been rinsed to water and stir.
- Put lid on and reduce heat to low and simmer quinoa for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- In a large salad bowl combine orange segments, red onion, minced garlic cloves, brown mustard, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and turmeric, blend to combine.
- Add Quinoa, salad greens, and pecans. Toss and serve.
Profile Exchanges: 1 cup vegetables, 1 starch, 2 fats
Photo courtesy of: Healthy Living Healthy Us