There has been a lot of talk lately about which fast food restaurant has the best chicken sandwich. Enter the "Profile-Approved" Breaded Chicken sandwich into the conversation! It's a healthy Popeye's or Chick-Fil-A copycat.
Chick-Fil-A “Copycat” Breaded Chicken Sandwich
- 1 packet Profile Pancakes*
- 1 bag Profile Salt & Vinegar Chips crushed
- 4 oz. chicken breast
- 4 Tbsp. pickle juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- Sliced dill pickles
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Pound chicken to ½-inch thickness.
- Cut in half and place in zip lock baggie with pickle juice. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 mins at 400 degrees.
- In a small shallow bowl mix together parmesan cheese, crushed Profile Salt & Vinegar Chips, and salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the baggie and discard pickle juice.
- Place chicken in bowl to coat with breading mixture evenly.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in air fryer basket, lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in preheated air fryer and spray the chicken with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Cook chicken for 7 mins.
- Flip chicken and continue cooking for an additional 7-8 mins. This can vary based on the size of your chicken. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE BUN:
- Mix Profile Pancake mix with a dash of salt and pepper and 2 ounces of water.
- Spray a round glass bowl with cooking spray and pour in mix.
- Microwave mix for 1 minute.
- When cooled, remove from bowl and cut in half.
- Assemble the sandwich – bun, chicken, pickle slices, bun. Enjoy!
1 full sandwich:
2 Profile Meals, 4 oz. very lean protein, 1 fat
1 Profile Meal, 2 oz. very lean protein, ½ fat
*Or use Profile Cauliflower Toppers instead of the Profile Homestyle Pancake Mix to make it 1 Profile Meal instead of 2.