Number of Servings: 6Serving Size: 1 Cup Ingredients: Vegetable oil spray (4- 3 second sprays ) 3 leeks, washed and […]
Number of Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Vegetable oil spray (4- 3 second sprays )
- 3 leeks, washed and chopped, white and green parts, only
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups of fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled, washed, and quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fat free and reduced sodium chicken broth or can use water if using the Profile Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 packages Profile Chicken Noodle Soup 15 g (optional)
- Garnish: 4 radishes sliced thin
- 6 tsp fat free Greek yogurt
*To remove sand from leeks, chop and place in a large bowl of water. Gently stir the chopped leeks until all the sand falls to the bottom of the bowl.
Leaving the sand at the bottom of the bowl carefully remove the leeks and drain in a colander; dry lightly.
- In a stock pot over medium high heat add olive oil, then add leeks, onion, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Saute vegetables until tender, about 10-15
minutes. Add the chopped garlic at the last minute and stir.
- Add broccoli, chicken broth, and water to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the broccoli is crisp tender, about 8 minutes. Finally, add
2 packages of Profile Chicken Noodle Soup (if using) and stir to combine.
- Working in small batches, puree mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. If using a blender be sure to cover venting hole with a paper towel or
clean kitchen towel to avoid splashing and to allow steam to escape. Return pureed soup to original pot and heat to combine.
- To serve top with 1 tsp of fat free Greek yogurt and a few thinly sliced radishes, fresh parsley, and more freshly ground black pepper.
Tip: If using this soup as a vegetable course you can omit the Profile Chicken Noodle Soup.