With Memorial Day weekend upon us, grilling recipes are in-demand! If you ask me, everything tastes better grilled. Steaks, burgers, fish, veggies, fruit (yes, I said fruit)- it's all delicious!
With Memorial Day weekend upon us, grilling recipes are in-demand! If you ask me, everything tastes better grilled. Steaks, burgers, fish, veggies, fruit (yes, I said fruit)- it’s all delicious! You can count on more grilling recipes to come, but I wanted to kick-off the season with a classic that everyone knows and loves, sliders!
As a mom to a picky eater, this recipe is one of my favorite ways to add extra veggies into my family’s diet. Although not all of my attempts to disguise veggies are successful, this one was! My family had no idea that their yummy sliders were loaded with nutrient dense veggies! And that, my friends, is what we call #winning.
Here’s how I did it!
1/4 head cauliflower
1/2 Cup mushrooms
1/2 medium onion
1/4 Cup fresh parsley
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 large egg
1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning
1. Preheat grill. It should reach 300° – 350° before use.
2. In a food processor, combine cauliflower, mushrooms, onion and parsley. Pulse until all veggies are finely chopped.
2. In a medium bowl, mix vegetables with ground beef, egg and seasoning. Combine evenly and form into patties.
4. Place on the grill and cook until internal cooking temperature has reached your desired level of doneness. For medium 160° and for well done 170°.
5. Add toppings and condiments of choice and serve on a whole grain bun.