The season of giving thanks is here, so let the good vibes roll! Here are 4 tips (plus 3 delicious recipes) to make your holiday a healthy success that keeps you on track towards your goals.
The season of giving thanks is here, so let the good vibes roll! Many of our Profile Coaches love Thanksgiving because it’s an opportunity to spend time with family, reflect on things to be grateful for, watch football and, of course, enjoy some delicious food. While the spotlight may be on feasting, our coaches keep a few things in mind so their goals for good health aren’t overruled. You can do the same!
Remember, it’s important to take the holiday season one day at a time. Go in with a strategy and give yourself some grace and gratitude for all you’ve done so far. Here are 4 tips (plus 3 delicious recipes) to make your holiday a healthy success that keeps you on track towards your goals:
1) Have a game plan.
- Revisit your long-term goals and think about why you are pursuing a healthy lifestyle.
- What makes Thanksgiving special to you? Think about the traditions that are important to you and the relationships you enjoy. Make this a focal point at get-togethers.
- Scope out the menu and daily activities ahead of time to spot opportunities and potential challenges you may encounter.
- Plan time to be active. A little movement throughout the day is great for the body and mind!
2) Rethink your Thanksgiving plate with these steps:
- Fill half your plate with vegetables, such as green beans, salad and Brussel sprouts.
- Fill one-quarter of your plate with lean protein, like turkey breast.
- Leave the remaining one-quarter for your favorite sides.
- Before grabbing a second helping, take a moment to check your hunger cues. If you’re still hungry, choose what you will feel most satisfied with.
3) Don’t forget the drinks and desserts!
- Drink water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Add a splash of flavor with frozen berries or a slice of lemon.
- If you’re in the mood for some traditional pumpkin pie, enjoy it while still feeling empowered that you made a choice. Interested in something a bit different? Profile-ize your desserts by talking with your coach about our many recipes, ideas and alternatives.
4) Other useful tips:
- Take time to reflect on what you are thankful for!
- Focus on family and conversations.
- Value your sleep schedule leading up to the big day.
Are you in charge of hosting or bringing a dish? Try one of these Profile Thanksgiving recipes that add a nutritious kick!
What would a Thanksgiving meal be without stuffing?! Here is a great veggie-packed alternative to try. Cauliflower is a great source of fiber to keep you feeling full!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CASSEROLE
Meet the perfect Thanksgiving side dish. Not only is this Butternut Squash Casserole recipe easy to make, it’s delicious to boot! Plus, butternut squash is loaded with vitamins and fiber.
PUMPKIN PIE PUDDING
Say hello to the lighter alternative of the Thanksgiving Day desserts. Enjoy the taste of pumpkin pie with this recipe made using a Profile shake!
Want more tips and delicious recipes for Thanksgiving? Set up an appointment with your Profile coach! Not a member? Click here to book a free coach consultation today!