Channel your inner Marie Kondo and think about how you can spark joy in other areas of your life, not just your home. Consider your routines, habits and behaviors. Here are four steps you can take to start working towards a joy-filled, simplified life today!
Everyone has been loving best-selling author and tidying expert Marie Kondo … and for good reason. She is empowering people all over the world to organize and simplify their homes! Channel your inner Kondo and think about how you can spark joy in other areas of your life, not just your home. Consider your routines, habits and behaviors. Take a look at your schedule and simplify it to find more time for achieving your goals and self-care. Here are four steps you can take to start working towards a joy-filled, simplified life today:
1. Commit to YOU.
Dig deep and find your why. What is motivating you to make a change in your lifestyle? Perhaps it’s being more active with your kids, improving your health, or feeling more confident in your skin. Whatever your why may be, a visual reminder will help on days when your motivation wanes. Find or create a visual of your why and post it where you can see it daily. Try placing motivational quotes in a spot where you can see it as you get ready for your day. Or wearing a special bracelet that reminds you of your spouse and children.
2. Envision your ideal lifestyle.
When you reach your goals, what do you see? What routines and behaviors are you doing on a daily basis? What milestones and accomplishments have you achieved along the way? Bring life to these ideas by writing them down. Make a game plan with dates and tackle one at a time. This will increase your chances of adopting healthy routines into your everyday. Slow and steady wins the races!
3. Discard your routines, habits and behaviors that do not spark joy.
Now that you’ve seen where you want to be, evaluate where you are today. What day-to-day routines or habits are not part of your future self? Maybe right now you are doing workouts you dread. Or perhaps you’re eating vegetables in ways you do not enjoy. Let go of any negatives. Instead, think of ways you can turn your habits into ones that fuel your mind and body in a way you enjoy.
4. Tidy by category: Nutrition, Activity and Lifestyle.
Try, try again – a new way of preparing your veggies that is. Finding your favorite way to cook vegetables can take some time, so switch things up until you do! A major key is choosing seasonal produce so you can enjoy their peak sweetness and flavor. Sprinkle with oil, season and then add some heat (grill, bake, sauté, etc.) to maximize flavor. If you’re looking for a yummy veggie recipe to get started, look no further. Click here for our scrumptious Summer Zucchini Tomato Bake.
Shake up your eating routine with these delicious, quick recipes:
Whether you’re the life of the party who loves being with family and friends 24/7 or you prefer your quiet alone time, you can find ways to add movement to your favorite activities. Here are some ideas to help you do so:
- Suggest a walk or friendly game of kickball the next time you have a family gathering or you’re meeting up with a friend.
- Invite your friend to attend a fitness class with you.
- Jam out while you exercise to a pumpin’ playlist you created. Or take an evening stroll while listening to an easy pop playlist.
- Stay flexible: Mix up the time, intensity and type of exercise you’re doing. Ten minutes will offer your body and brain more benefits than 0 minutes!
It’s important to step back from the hustle of life and take time for yourself. That means occasionally trading something you should be doing (cough, laundry, cough) for an activity you enjoy. Read on for a few ideas.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Positivity fuels positivity. Spend time with people who make you happy and fill your cup.
- Check your worries at the door! Thoughts about tomorrow take away from the present. Step away from your to-do list and spend a few minutes in gratitude for the present.
- Schedule time for yourself. Go get your nails done or chillax by catching up on one of your favorite shows.
As you continue your life journey, keep checking if your behaviors are ‘sparking joy’ and are aligning with the future self you envision. Life can get crazy with a never-ending to-do list, constant commitments, and never enough time in a day. When life gives you lemons, add them to your Profile Strawberry Lemonade, sit back and relax!
Want more tips? Set up an appointment with your Profile coach. Not a member? Click here to book a free, no obligation one-on-one consultation with a Profile coach to find out how Profile can help you with your lifestyle habits.