If you’re from a cold-weather state, you’re probably saying, “Goodbye Old Man Winter and hello sunny days!” We’re ready to […]
If you’re from a cold-weather state, you’re probably saying, “Goodbye Old Man Winter and hello sunny days!”
We’re ready to get outside, enjoy backyard BBQs with family and friends and relax by the lake.
Here are 12 healthy recipes to kick-start the good weather and grilling season in a big way. Hopefully you will find inspiration to embrace the flavors of the season while eating healthy.
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Farmer’s Market Vegetable Salad
- Asparagus, Tomato and Feta Salad
- Grilled Portabella Mushroom Burgers
- Beef & Veggie Summer Sliders
- Chicken Caesar Grill-Fired Pizza
- Cauliflower BBQ Wings
- Grilled Summer Squash
- Toasted Sesame Slaw
- Energizing Iced Tea
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- MIxed Fruit Punch
Now that the sun is shining and warm temps are upon us, it’s time to crave creative selections of fresh vegetables.
Springtime means salad time, which is a great opportunity to enjoy a fresh, light and healthier meal jam-packed with flavor, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
If you think salads are “boring” and lack flavor and fun, it’s time to turn over a new leaf! Make your salads more than ‘just a salad’ with these fresh and flavorful salad ideas!
Asian Cucumber Salad
- Sharp Knife
- ¼ – ½ cup Profile Zesty Asian Vinaigrette
- 4 cups Very thinly sliced seedless cucumbers (or mini cucumbers)
- ¼ cup Finely sliced red onion
- ¼ cup Finely diced red pepper
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Add very thinly sliced cucumber, red onion, red pepper, and sesame seeds to a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Add dressing and toss to mix everything. Serve immediately or cover and let sit in the refrigerator for an hour to let all the flavors meld.
Get the dressing from this recipe!
Profile Zesty Asian Vinaigrette
Farmers Market Vegetable Salad
- ¼ – ½ cup Profile Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- ½ cup canned green beans drained and rinsed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup canned corn drained and rinsed
- ½ cup canned diced tomatoes drained
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup assorted color bell peppers diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1/3 cup olives halved
- ½ cup crumbled or chopped feta cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Asparagus, Tomato and Feta Salad
- Large Pot
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- ½ cup Profile Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 lbs. Fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed, diced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (10.5oz.) Package grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Feta cheese
- ¼ cup Chopped walnuts
- Large pot of water
- Asparagus to boiling water. Boil until tender crisp
- Medium mixing bowl with ice and water
- And transfer asparagus to ice water, let rest about 10 seconds then drain.
- Asparagus to a bowl with tomatoes and walnuts
- Profile Balsamic Vinaigrette over top and toss lightly.
- Feta cheese and toss again lightly.
Buy the Profile Balsamic Vinaigrette for this recipe:
We all know that the grill is the heart of any spring or summer backyard get together. So what healthy spring recipe guide would be complete without the grillables?
And by grillables we don’t necessarily mean steak and pork chops!
We’ve compiled a few healthy options for the grill from mushroom burgers to grilled pizza. But don’t worry, we included a hamburger recipe for good measure.
Grilled Portabella Mushroom Burgers
- 2 lg. Portabella Mushroom caps washed, dried and gills removed
- 1 tsp. Profile Rosemary Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- Marinate portabella caps in balsamic vinegar, oil, and garlic for 30 minutes.
- Grill mushrooms until hot and have nice char marks. Set aside to keep warm.
- To Serve place one mushroom on top of each Profile Burger Bun and serve with assorted toppings; tomato, spinach, grilled onions, salsa, Profile Cesar Dressing and dill pickles.
Beef & Veggie Summer Sliders
- 1/4 head cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- Preheat grill. It should reach 300° – 350° before use.
- In a food processor, combine cauliflower, mushrooms, onion and parsley. Pulse until all veggies are finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, mix vegetables with ground beef, egg and seasoning. Combine evenly and form into patties.
- Place on the grill and cook until internal cooking temperature has reached your desired level of doneness. For medium 160° and for well done 170°.
- Add toppings and condiments of choice and serve on a whole grain bun.
Chicken Caesar Grill-Fired Pizza
- 1 Profile Pizza Crust
- 2 Tbsp Profile Parmesan Caesar Dressing
- Handful of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 oz shaved parmesan cheese fresh
- Handful of fresh basil torn or chopped
- 2 oz shredded rotisserie chicken cooked
- Olive oil for grate
- Heat grill to high. Brush grate with oil using an old towel (sprayed or dripped in oil) and tongs to ‘mop’ down the grate.
- Assemble ingredients on Pizza Crust
- Turn grill to lowest setting or off. Place pizza on the grill and close lid.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, checking occasionally.
The right side dishes can be the most important part of the BBQ.
So don’t sleep on these healthy and easy to prepare sides that will go great with any of the other recipes on this page.
Or for when you’re called on to bring a side to the BBQ and you don’t want to bring a heavy, mayonnaise-laden dish.
Cauliflower BBQ Wings
- 2 Tbsp. Profile Sweet & Smokey BBQ sauce
- 1 bag Profile Chips or Crisps of choice
- ¼ head cauliflower chopped
- ¼ cup egg whites
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Crush the chips in a shallow bowl.
- Soak cauliflower florets in egg whites.
- Press the cauliflower florets into the chip crumbs until well coated.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket with non-stick spray. Place the cauliflower florets in the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes. Toss every 5 minutes to ensure an even crisp.
- Toss with BBQ sauce or serve on the side.
GRILLED SUMMER SQUASH
- 1 tsp. Profile Simply the Zest seasoning
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 large zucchini cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl, toss to coat well. Arrange zucchini in a single layer on pan. Grill for 4 minutes turning half way through.
Toasted Sesame Slaw
- 3 cups Napa Cabbage cut into fine shreds
- 1/2 cup Red Cabbage cut into fine shreds
- 1 large Red Pepper sliced finely
- 1 large Green Onion cut into 3 inch long slivers
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- In a bowl, combine cabbages, pepper, and onion; just before serving, stir in sesame seeds, oil, and vinegar.
Last but certainly not least, you’re going to need plenty of ice-cold drinks to cool you down.
If you’re keeping it light and staying healthy you’ll enjoy these alcohol-free summer drinks.
Energizing Iced Tea
- 1 pkg. Profile Fruit Drink in your choice of flavor
- 1 green tea bag
- 8-10 oz. of water
- Pour 4 oz. of water into a microwave-safe cup. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add a green tea bag and steep until desired degree of color.
- Cool and add Profile Fruit Drink mix with an additional 4-6 oz. of cold water.
- Stir well and serve over ice cubes.
Iced Caramel Macchiato
- 1 package Profile Mocha Latte Shake
- 6 oz. cold brew coffee
- 1 tbsp. sugar-free caramel syrup divided
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Handful of ice
- Add cold brew coffee, shake packet, and half the caramel syrup into a Profile Blender Bottle and shake well.
- In a large glass, add ice and pour shake over ice. Add the almond milk and drizzle remaining caramel syrup on top. Enjoy!
Mixed Fruit Punch
- 1 package Profile Mixed Fruit Fiber Drink
- ¼ tsp orange extract
- ¼ tsp rum extract
- 8-10 oz diet ginger ale
- Pour ginger ale into a shaker bottle, add orange and rum extract and contents of drink package.
- Close shaker bottle and press down tightly on cap. Shake until contents are blended, venting a few times. BE CAREFUL! Open shaker bottle slowly to relieve the pressure.
- Pour into wine glass.
If you are looking for more recipes download our cookbook for free!