This week (February 17-23) is Random Acts of Kindness Week! We believe good vibes should be shared year-round, so we’re all about giving it some extra attention this week. Learn some easy ways you can help make the world a little bit kinder.
This week (February 17-23) is Random Acts of Kindness Week! We believe good vibes should be shared year-round, so we’re all about giving it some extra attention this week. Keep reading to learn some easy ways you can help make the world a little bit kinder.
But first, since science is our thing, let’s break down the science of kindness. When you show someone kindness, it affects the brains of everyone who witnesses the act, improving their mood, and making them significantly more likely to “pay it forward.” This fact means one good deed can create a domino effect and enhance the day of dozens of people!*
Are you ready to make the world a better place? Here are some ideas to get you started:
For your favorite people:
- Run an errand for a busy family member.
- Write a kind message on your mirror with a dry erase marker for yourself, your significant other, or a family member.
- Offer to babysit (for free!) a couple’s kids so they can enjoy a date night.
- Buy a plant and put it in a terracotta pot. Write positive words that describe a friend on the pot and gift it to them!
- Send a handwritten letter to someone you love.
- Clean the breakroom microwave (even if it isn’t your mess).
- Leave treats (with a note of thanks) for the custodians at your place of work.
- Send an encouraging email.
- Donate vacation time to a coworker in need.
- Bring in fresh fruits or vegetables to share.
When you’re out and about:
- Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
- Help someone carry their groceries to their car.
- Post inspirational sticky notes around!
- Compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is.
- Smile at five strangers.
At the gym:
- Offer to clean the machine next to you if you get off yours around the same time.
- Compliment another member on their progress or presence at the gym!
- Let someone breathing hard cut ahead of you to the water fountain.
- Provide your help to someone struggling with a piece of equipment.
- Offer to fill someone’s water bottle if they’re running low mid-workout.
If you have some money to spare:
- Leave a generous tip.
- Pay for someone’s bus ticket or parking meter.
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Put an extra dollar in the vending machine.
- Leave quarters at the laundromat.
In the spirit of compassion, we’re giving away a free Profile membership. We understand how living a healthy lifestyle can be challenging. Partner with a real-life health coach who will support you to make it easier. Click here to enter now.