Your Mama was right: Veggies are good for you! Read this blog to learn the health benefits of our favorite vegetables. We're also sharing 10 recipes to make your veggies tasty so you can enjoy them.
Your Mama was right: Veggies are good for you! That is why we love vegetables here at Profile, especially those greens, greens, greens. Fresh green produce brings loads of benefits to your health. So, visit the produce aisle to stock up and chow down on nutrient-dense foods that are Profile approved. If you need some more encouragement, keep reading to learn the health benefits of the greens we favor. We’re also sharing 10 recipes to make your veggies tasty so you can enjoy them.
- This fiber-rich food is good for your heart and helps lower cholesterol.
- Broccoli also helps eliminate some not-so-good things from your body, like toxins.
- Click here for a yummy Beef & Broccoli recipe.
- These leafy greens are full of good things: Iron, potassium, and vitamins A, K, C, and B-vitamin folate.
- Spinach is also an immune-boosting food that guards against certain cancers.
- Bonus: It’s readily available all year long! Try adding it to your shakes, enjoy it in a salad or even make a pizza crust out of it.
- This one is technically a fruit, but it’s worth mentioning for its heart-healthy fats that help raise good cholesterol levels and lowers bad cholesterol.
- Coach Tip: A Profile serving is a ¼ cup.
- Click here for our Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad recipe. (It’s a favorite!)
- One cup of this nutrition powerhouse has 3g of protein, just 33 calories and TONS of vitamin A and C.
- Blend it up in a smoothie, make oven-baked kale chips, or mix up a yummy salad.
- This yummy veggie helps you fight off disease with its antioxidant properties.
- Research also shows they are beneficial to your cardiovascular health!
- Coach Tip: Enjoy ½ cup per day for a Profile serving.
- Click to try this delicious Skinny Green Bean Casserole recipe.
- Asparagus has unique anti-inflammatory properties.
- It also contains a nutrient that helps your blood clot to heal wounds.
- Spruce up your meal with this Roasted Asparagus with Garlic-Lemon Sauce recipe.
- This herb contains antibacterial properties.
- It’s also rich in vitamin K, iron, calcium, vitamin A and other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Sprinkle it on your favorite dish for some extra flavor and health benefits!
- This veggie may be 95% water, but the remaining 5% helps reduce inflammation, aids digestion and reduces bad cholesterol.
- Cut some up and enjoy it with our Profile P3 for a low-calorie, nutritious snack!
- Cucumbers have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Our Asian Cucumber Salad recipe gives this classic veggie a unique taste.
- This squash is an important source of antioxidants.
- It’s also full of potassium and B vitamins, PLUS it’s low in calories.
- Click here to try our delicious Cheesy Nacho Zucchini Boat recipe.
- This versatile vegetable can be eaten and cooked in a variety of ways. For something new, try our Jicama-Cilantro Coleslaw recipe.
- Cabbage can help reduce inflammation and has been shown to protect against colon cancer.
- These miniature cabbages are a great way to get soluble fiber and high amounts of vitamin C in your diet.
- Click here to cook up our delicious Balsamic Brussel Sprouts recipe.
Want to learn more about veggies and how to incorporate them into your daily diet? Click here to book a free, no obligation one-on-one consultation with a Profile coach to do so today.