This month, we've been sharing with you the importance of keeping your heart in tip-top shape. The best way to show your ticker some love is by living a healthy lifestyle. Staying active is a vital part of that. The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends 150 minutes of exercise a week. We understand that may be overwhelming. Our coaches want to help! Here are some easy heart-friendly exercises you can do any time, any place – even while you’re watching Netflix!
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart and sit back like you’re sitting into a chair.
- Your thighs should be close to parallel to the floor with your knees over your ankles. Focus on pressing your weight back into your heels.
- Keep your body tight and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.
"Click here to view Squat Demonstration"
Take it to the next level! There are a couple of ways to make this move more challenging. You can place a resistance band above your knee. Or, you can hold a dumbbell at chest level for what is called a Goblet squat.
- Repeat the steps above.
- When you come back up, come up on your tiptoes to engage your calf muscle.
"Click here to view Tip-Toe Squat Demonstration"
- Point your toes outward with your feet a little more than shoulder-width apart.
- Repeat the steps above.
- You can also sink low and add some pulses for another variation.
- This move is great for your inner thighs and
"Click here to view Sumo Squat Demonstration"
Take it to the next level! With a resistance band right above your knees, pause at the low point of this squat and pulse your knees out against the band.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and raise your arms up to shoulder height.
- Circle your arms in small controlled motions.
- Vary this by circling forward or backward.
"Click here to view Arm Circles Demonstration"
Take it to the next level! Add a small weight to help build muscle tone in your shoulders, triceps, and biceps.
- Place your hands against a wall shoulder-width apart.
- Lower yourself down for two counts and back up for two counts.
"Click here to view Wall Push-Ups Demonstration"
- Start in a standing position with feet hip-width apart and raise your right arm up.
- Reach up and over your head, bending at the waist. Your left arm will fall down to your knee
- Repeat on the other side. This move works your obliques and arms!
"Click here to view Side Reaches Demonstration"
Take it to the next level! Add a small weight to make this move even more challenging.
Do three sets of 10 reps for each exercise to get a great workout in. If you would like more workout ideas, meet with a Profile Coach.