Profile Exchange: ½ cup vegetable, 1 fat, 1 flex food
- 3 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 Tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the cubed squash to a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer squash for approximately 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add squash and use a blender to mash. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and maple syrup to the squash and blend until smooth.
- Add in the egg and beat for another minute until fully incorporated. Add Greek yogurt and beat for another minute.
- Pour the squash mixture into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Top evenly with marshmallows and pecans and continue to bake until marshmallows are puffed and lightly brown, about 10-15 minutes.