Your Mama was right: Veggies are good for you! That is why we love vegetables here at Profile, especially those greens, greens, greens. Fresh green produce brings loads of benefits to your health. So, visit the produce aisle to stock up and chow down on nutrient-dense foods that are Profile approved. If you need some more encouragement, keep reading to learn the health benefits of the greens we favor. We're also sharing 10 recipes to make your veggies tasty so you can enjoy them.
- These leafy greens are full of good things: Iron, potassium, and vitamins A, K, C, and B-vitamin folate.
- Spinach is also an immune-boosting food that guards against certain cancers.
- Bonus: It’s readily available all year long! Try adding it to your shakes, enjoy it in a salad or even make a pizza crust out of it.
- One cup of this nutrition powerhouse has 3g of protein, just 33 calories and TONS of vitamin A and C.
- Blend it up in a smoothie, make oven-baked kale chips, or mix up a yummy salad.
- This herb contains antibacterial properties.
- It’s also rich in vitamin K, iron, calcium, vitamin A and other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Sprinkle it on your favorite dish for some extra flavor and health benefits!
- This veggie may be 95% water, but the remaining 5% helps reduce inflammation, aids digestion and reduces bad cholesterol.
- Cut some up and enjoy it with our Profile P3 for a low-calorie, nutritious snack!
- Cucumbers have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Our Asian Cucumber Salad recipe gives this classic veggie a unique taste.
- This versatile vegetable can be eaten and cooked in a variety of ways. For something new, try our Jicama-Cilantro Coleslaw recipe.
- Cabbage can help reduce inflammation and has been shown to protect against colon cancer.
Want to learn more about veggies and how to incorporate them into your daily diet? Click here to book a free, no obligation one-on-one consultation with a Profile coach to do so today.