Profile Exchange: 3 oz. lean protein + 1/3 cup veggies + 1 fat
Description: Remember that time you went to your friend's house to watch the game and he whipped out a pan of meatloaf just before kickoff? Yeah, me either. Meatloaf would make for a pretty strange football party snack...but meatloaf cupcakes; now that's an entirely different story altogether! If you're looking for a fun, original and finger-licking good gameday snack - check these out. You'll be glad you did!
Number of Servings: 4 | Serving Size: 2 muffins
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cauliflower, par cooked and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup white onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 12 small cubes of mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup reduced-sugar/sugar-free ketchup
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a 12-muffin tin with muffin liners
- Cook 1 cup cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl with a small amount of water. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Drain off water and chop fine, using a food processor. Set aside.
- Add onion, pepper, carrot and garlic in food processor until finely diced.
- Mix ground beef, egg, cauliflower, Worcestershire and seasonings along with vegetables in a large bowl.
- Portion less than ¼ cup of mixture and add a mozzarella piece to the center and roll into a ball and place in a muffin liner. Repeat to fill the pan. Top each with 1 tbsp. ketchup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, let rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.