Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 8
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾- inch cubes
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar (optional)
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2.5-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until fork-tender, about 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, use a blender to mash the sweet potatoes.
- Add the yogurt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mash the potato mixture some more. Add brown sugar if desired.
- Add the eggs and blend them in as well.
- Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top evenly with the pecans and marshmallows and continue to bake until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned, about 10-15 more minutes.
Profile Exchange per serving: 1 starch + ½ oz. very lean protein + 2 flex foods