Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
- 1 package Profile Sloppy Joe Mix
- 1 Portabella Mushroom Cap or 1-Green; Red; or Yellow Bell Pepper
- ¾ oz = 1 ¾ tbsp reduced fat Cheddar Cheese
- Trace Ketchup (can use sugar-free Ketchup or Walden Farms)
- Prepared Yellow Mustard to taste
- Chopped Dill pickle to taste
- 5 Grape Tomatoes—Chopped
- 1 cup shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 1 slice of Red Onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with Pam spray or parchment paper.
- Quickly wash and pat dry the Portabella Mushroom cap; remove the gills
and the stem. If using the Pepper, wash, dry and cut in half removing
the seeds and membrane.
- Roast the veggie for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Prepare the Profile Sloppy Joe mix as directed and add on top of the veggie.
- Fill the Portabella cap with the mixture or both halves of the Pepper
- Top with Cheddar Cheese and broil till cheese bubbles, watch closely.
- Top with ketchup, mustard, chopped dill pickle, onion and chopped cherry tomatoes.
- Top with ½ cup of shredded Romaine.
- Serve over the remaining Romaine lettuce that has been dressed with 1 serving
of a fat i.e. a low fat serving of dressing.
Profile Exchange per serving: 2 oz. very lean protein + 1 fat + 2 cups