Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Servings Size: 2 muffins
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cauliflower, par cooked and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup white onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 12 small cubes of mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup reduced-sugar/sugar-free ketchup
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a 12-muffin tin with muffin liners
- Cook 1 cup cauliflower in microwave safe bowl with a small amount of water.
Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Drain off water and chop fine, using
a food processor. Set aside.
- Add onion, pepper, carrot, and garlic in food processor until finely diced.
- Mix ground beef, egg, cauliflower, Worcestershire, and seasonings along
with vegetables in a large bowl.
- Portion less than ¼ cup of mixture and add a mozzarella piece to
the center and roll into a ball and place in muffin liner. Repeat to fill
pan. Top each with 1 tbsp. ketchup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, let rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Profile Exchange per serving: 3oz. lean protein + 1/3 cup veggies + 1 fat