Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
- 1 package Profile Linguine
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Lime juice from 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh cilantro, roughly torn
- Take halved and pitted avocados, brush with olive oil and cook on the oven
rack at medium heat, face down and with the peels still on. Remove once
they are nicely charred and softened and set aside.
- In a food processor, add lemon and lime juice, cilantro, salt, cayenne
pepper and garlic clove. Add in the cooled avocado, scooped out of their
peels with a spoon. Puree the mixture while slowly drizzling in olive
oil. Add more salt and lemon/lime juice to taste.
- Meanwhile, in small sauce pan over medium heat, saute the red onion and
one of the minced cloves of garlic with a small amount of olive oil. once
onion and garlic are soft, mix in black beans.
- Cook Profile Linguine according to package directions.
- Transfer the linguine with tongs to a bowl and add the avocado mixture.
Gently toss the pasta in the mixture. Serve with the beans and onions
placed on top with extra cilantro.
Profile Exchange per serving: 4oz. very lean protein, 1 ½ starch, 2 fats