Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe | Submitted by Lindsey Bryan, Certified
Profile Coach - Knoxville, TN
The air is crisp, the leaves are changing color and the cool fall breeze
lets us open all our windows and enjoy the season. Whether you're
curling up with a good book in your sweatpants by the fireplace or carving
pumpkins with your kids on a blustery autumn afternoon, we can all agree:
there's lots to love about fall! Perhaps the most underrated facet
of fall is the food. Fall is slow cooker season and Profile is excited
to celebrate the month of 'Crocktober' by releasing a new crock
pot recipe every Tuesday and Thursday in October. So prep your food, set
it and forget it with amazing 'Crocktober' recipes from Profile!
• 2 lb Sirloin steak or boneless beef chuck, thin roast
• 1 (12 oz.) bag Broccoli florets, frozen
• 3 Garlic cloves
• 1 medium onion or green onion, diced
• 1 cup Low Sodium Beef broth
• 1/2 cup Soy sauce, low sodium
• 1 package Profile Rice
• ½ cup Profile Zesty Asian Vinaigrette
• 4 tbsp Cornstarch
• 1 tbsp Sesame oil
• 4 tbsp Water
• In the insert of the crockpot, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce,
Zesty Asian Vinaigrette, sesame oil, onion and garlic.
• Place slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat. Cover with
lid and cook on low heat for 5 hours.
• When done, whisk together cornstarch and water in small bowl. Pour
into crock pot and stir to mix well. Add the frozen broccoli over the
beef and sauce. Gently stir to combine. Cover with lid and cook 30 minutes
to cook broccoli and thicken sauce.
• Serve over warm Profile rice. Enjoy!
Profile Exchange: 3oz lean protein + 1 serving vegetables