At Profile, we like to keep things simple, effective and sustainable. In
honor of Simplify Your Life Week, we'll be releasing a new recipe
each day that is simple, nutritious, easy to make and above all else -
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Profile Bread -
Submitted by Profile Member Diana Thurn Ost
Bread is a staple in American cuisine. If you're like me, chances are
good that you grew up eating bread in some way, shape or form with every
meal. Whether it's eating a sandwich, having a buttered roll with
your roast or sprinkling croutons on top of your salad - you never think
about how much bread you eat until you have to cut it out of your diet!
Well, if you've been craving bread and you're on the plan - you're
in luck! Profile Member Diana Thurn Ost created a simple recipe for Profile
Bread that is as versatile as it is delicious!
Servings: 3 loaves
Serving Size: 1 loaf
- 1 & 1/2 packages of profile pancake mix
- 3/4 cup egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Whip egg whites till it forms stiff peaks,
- Fold in pancake mix, a little at a time (fold slowly, not to break up bubbles,
until all mix is used up)
- Bake in small silicone bread pans at 360 for 20 minutes until browned on top.
- Once cooled put into plastic bag or container. Texture is just like homemade
bread and gets nice and soft like bread in bag or container.
Tips: Can also make buns from this, just drop spoonful onto silicone mat
and bake around 7 minutes until browned on top.
Profile Exchange: 1.5 meal replacements, 3oz. very lean protein (per serving:
approximately half a meal replacement and 1oz. very lean protein)