Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
- 1 package Profile Fettuccine
- ½ lb. ground turkey or beef
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. soy sauce
- 8oz. sliced baby bellas (portabella mushrooms)
- 8oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4oz. sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed, chopped
- 1 pinch chili flakes, to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey or beef over medium heat. Set aside.
- In medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, soy sauce and mushrooms and cook until soft. Once mushrooms have softened, add sliced sun-dried tomatoes and spinach and continue to simmer.
- Add 2 cups broth to simmering sauce pan. Continue to cook on medium heat until the sauce reduces. Add the milk and parmesan cheese and bring mixture to a boil. Continue to cook until the sauce is neither too think nor too thin. Add a handful of basil and a pinch of chili flakes and continue to cook on simmer.
- Cook Profile Fettuccine according to package directions.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, sauce and meat. Top with fresh basil and chili flakes if desired.
Profile Exchange per serving: 4oz. very lean protein, 2 cups vegetables, 1 fat