Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
- 1 package Profile Linguine
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into 1’’ cubes (2 cups)
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cubed butternut squash with 3 tsp. olive oil and salt. Spread onto
a baking sheet and bake until starting to caramelize, about 35-45 minutes.
Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté onion
with 1 tsp. olive oil. Stir occasionally. Once onion starts turning to
a golden color, add the garlic, basil and oregano. Remove from heat, and
transfer to a blender.
- Add the cooked squash and water to blender and blend until creamy. Transfer
to saucepan to reheat over low heat.
- Cook ProfileLinguine according to package directions. Mix into heated sauce
and coat well. Top with fresh basil if desired.
Profile Exchange per serving: 2oz. very lean protein, 1 starch, 1 cup vegetables, 1 fat