Whether you’re a football fan or not, odds are you still plan to
take in the game and experience Super Bowl Sunday. From commercials and
Cold Play to beer and Beyonce`, there isn’t much you can’t
love about this day! While typical tailgating food and drink are a far
cry from healthy, there are strategies we can use heading into the day
so your winning record of health and wellness isn’t shattered by
blue cheese and bloody marys.
Grab a pen and get your game face on. It’s time to review film from
last year, find our weaknesses and make sure we have solid defense in
place. Let’s go for a Super Bowl Profile win!
1. Eat Breakfast. If you only execute one of the strategies provided, make
it this one. By starting your day with a protein packed, low-calorie breakfast
of a Profile Shake, you are setting the tone for a controlled game day.
With a 6pm kickoff, you have the opportunity to dominate your lunch with yet
another healthy choice.
2. Research the Roster. Weigh your options and pick a few of your favorite
dishes- but skip the urge to try everything. MVPs will go one step further
and bring their own healthy dish. Here are some great Profile Super Bowl
Recipes to try!
3. Listen to the Coach (you!). Pay attention to your hunger and fullness
cues. Mindless eating often occurs when watching TV and those cues can
be hard to trust when our emotions are tied to a football game.
4. Hustle! Get up and move around during commercials but don’t mingle
by the food.
5. Water Break! If you decide to drink alcohol, do so sensibly and drink
water in between each drink.
6. Keep your head in the game. No matter what, stay positive. Even if you
overdo it at the party, keep things in perspective. If you make the choice
to go off plan, acknowledge that one party does not negate all of your