Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Serving Size: 1 Cup
- 8 oz or 1 cup of almond milk 30 calorie, unsweetened
- 2 T of dark chocolate cocoa powder
- Sugar substitute to equal 3 T of sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt, optional
- In a small sauce pan blend the cocoa powder, sugar substitute, cinnamon,
nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Turn on heat to medium-high and add the almond milk.
- Stir mixture until simmering hot but not boiling.
- Remove from stove top and add vanilla extract.
- Pour drink into a large mug and enjoy!
Profile Exchanges: 1 fat serving; ¾ of a starch serving; trace protein
Photo courtesy ofBite Size Wellness.