Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 16
Serving Size: 2″ pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Sugar Substitute blend for baking to equal 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Garnish: 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional) dark chocolate ganache
- raspberry puree
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan with vegetable oil spray.
- In a bowl, stir together unsweetened applesauce, sugar substitute blend,
and vanilla. Add egg substitute or egg whites and blend well with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, and stir
to combine. Add dry ingredients into egg mixture and stir just to combine.
Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until brownies
begin to pull away from sides of the pan. When brownies have cooled drizzle
with raspberry puree and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Finish with a drizzle of dark chocolate ganache. When set cut into 2-inch
pieces and place on dessert tray. To serve as individual desserts drizzle a
dessert plate with raspberry puree, top with brownie, and drizzle with
dark chocolate ganache. Finish by adding a sprinkle of tasted walnuts.
Profile Exchange:trace fat; ¾ of a starch serving; trace protein;
adds 66 discretionary calories to an eating plan not recommended in reboot
Photo courtesy of Ann Marie Kostyk.