Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings:6
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 3 9″ parsnips
- 4 cloves garlic, washed but not peeled
- 1/8 tsp iodized table salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened, original
Tips & Tricks: Not a fan of almond milk? Substituting skim milk will
add only a small amount of calories and works just as well. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and wash parsnips, cut into 2″ chunks
Place 4 cloves of garlic with skins intact on a small baking sheet. Add
the parsnip chunks, sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle one tablespoon olive oil
over mixture and toss with your hands to evenly coat. Then cover with
aluminum foil and bake until parsnips are fork tender, about 40-45 minutes.
Be careful not to burn.
Squeeze garlic cloves from their skin and place in a food processor. Add
the parsnip chunks, pulse until coarsely chopped. Add half of the almond milk at a
time until you get the consistency of firm mashed potatoes. You may not
have to use the whole 1/2 cup of almond milk. Place mixture into a serving bowl and
listen to your guests rave!
- Serve 1/4 cup of puree on a plate alongside sliced turkey or chicken
Photo courtesy of: