Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 3
- 4 oz fresh Kale
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Wash and dry Kale, then cut out and discard center stems.
- Place ½ of Kale in the center of a paper towel and fold over to dry
the Kale and to help flatten the Kale to make chips. Repeat with the other half.
- Cut the Kale into small pieces (2 inch diameter) to make about 40-45 chips.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and place Kale on a single layer; using
a pastry brush, dab a small amount of olive oil on each piece, then sprinkle with salt (and garlic powder). Bake 20 min until crisp but not brown.
Profile Exchange: 1 fat, 1 cup vegetables
Photo courtesy of The Whole Foods Market