Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Recipe submitted by: Jennifer Dahl
Number of Servings: 2
Serving Size: 1-2 cups
- 8 oz. Sweet Lean Italian Turkey Sausage.
- 2 whole Zucchinis
- 2/3 cup Italian Stewed Tomatoes (low sodium)
- 1 Tbs. Parmesan Cheese
- Saute the turkey sausage on medium heat until fully cooked.
- Using a vegetable slicer, spiral the zucchini into noodles.
- Put the zucchini noodles in a sauce pan on medium-high and bring to a boil
for 3 minutes.
- Drain the zucchini noodles and place back into the sauce pan.
- Add cooked sausage and stewed tomatoes in with the zucchini noodles.
- Cook on medium-low heat until the sauce is warmed through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Note: If you do not have a spiral slicer you can use a vegetable peeler
to create Zucchini Ribbon noodles or put your knife skills to the test
your own Zucchini noodles with precision cuts.
Profile Exchange: Protein: 3 oz lean protein; 2 fat servings; 1 1/2 cups