Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 10
Serving Size: 3 Tablespoons
- 1 10 oz: pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 of English cucumber
- 3 T fresh chopped chives or green onion
- 1 1/2 cups of fat free Greek yogurt, unsweetened
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp oregano leaves, dried
- 1/2 tsp basil leaves, dried
- Place thawed spinach on a piece of cheesecloth or onto two heavy duty paper
towels; fold up and squeeze out all moisture.
- Add spinach to food processor and pulse to loosen up.
- Add English cucumber and pulse.
- Add rest of the ingredients and pulse.
- Place in a serving bowl.
Serve surrounded with low carb veggies like Jicama sticks, celery, cucumber
rounds, radish slices, steamed artichoke leaves, broccoli, cauliflower,
dill pickle slices, carrot spears, red, green and yellow pepper strips.
Profile Exchange: Trace Fat; Trace Starch; ½ of a very lean protein
serving; 3T is a serving size with 32 calories and can be used in reboot
as discretionary calories with
an allowance of 45 per day.
Photo courtesy of The Perfect Pantry. Recipe adapted from Low Carb.